Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The New Year is off and walking

A slow start to the New Year is all right with me.  I didn't have the grandchildren yesterday or today.  This allowed me to get the Christmas decorations down and put away.  I reorganized the storage, so hopefully, I will not have to spend so much time moving things to different parts of the house.  Putting the decorations makes the house look a little bare for some reason.  I have to admit that is odd because I don't lack of stuff in my home.
I have a friend from church who is dying from cancer.  It is really hard for me to get my mind around this.  She is my age, and stuff like this shouldn't happen to people my age.  She is handling it very well.  She is a practical person.  However, no one wants to die.  I am certain though, she isn't afraid though.  That is what having faith and trust in God will give you. 

No comments: