Sunday, May 20, 2012

We have another Graduate




If we are speaking correctly, Wyatt did not actually graduate from kindergarten on Friday, he was promoted to  first grade.  However, there was a little ceremony and a certificate and a lot of parents and grandparents taking pictures.  Mrs. Reece, his teacher loved all her children, Wyatt was lucky to have her for his kindergarten year. I love being a part of my grand children's lives.  It makes up for the things I missed or didn't appreciate when Nicole and Andrew were children.  I think it may be the worst part of raising children.  You spend so much time doing the daily stuff you miss the significance of the little things.  It isn't a personality flaw, it is just life.

1 comment:

JoEtta Zabel said...

Great story and congratulations to Wyatt...it's a big step in his life and an important one. I'm glad you were able to be there to help him celebrate. I hope some day that I get to experience a grand child...Ryan tells me to adopt one...LOL I was always at as much as I could be during Ryan's earlier life in school, but like you...I wish I could have been there more...like things that happened during the day while we worked...so maybe if he waits long enough to have a kid...I'll be able to do those fun things.