Friday, December 13, 2013

Into the Christmas Season






Back in the day, I used to do a lot of baking at Christmas.  It wasn't bad, I really do like to cook and the holidays are the best time to go all out and make goodies galore.  Over the years after I started on Weight Watchers and even when I wasn't following the plan, I just quit creating a lot of treats at Christmas. 
This year, while I haven't been overboard, I have baked more than I have in years.  It is all because of the grand kids.  It just seems right to make cookies with them.  I admit to having this fantasy of them telling their kids and grand kids over icing and dough how they made cookies with us when they were kids.  You can't have memories unless you make them and so I guess that is what we are doing.
I also am making cookie trees with Wyatt and Andrea's help.  I know for a fact, that they are not perfect, but the second one was a lot better than the first.  I think I will make one more.  The short first one for us.  The second one in the picture for Nicole's family and another one for Andrew and Theresa.  I am looking forward to seeing if the skills required improve with my next effort.
The non baking picture of Andrea with the reindeer is just commemorate the fact that she now can sing all the words to Grandma got run over by a reindeer, just from listening to the deer on the rocker.  Who says kids aren't listening.

No comments: