Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Milblog Addiction

I just added another blog to my links. Heidi's Mom is the mother of a medic stationed in Afghanistan. Her daughter doesn't write much like Andrew, she does send pictures. She was featured on The Sandbox and I commented about the slide show giving me a feel of what was going on in that part of the world. She was kind enough to respond, and I got that great feeling of other people knowing how you feel when your child is on the other side of the world in a dangerous place. The blogs like Afghanistan Without a Clue, The Sandbox and Michael Yon are windows onto wars that the rest of us don't understand. There is a lot of frustration with these people that the evening news doesn't talk about the work being done in Iraq and Afghanistan. But unless those of us here take the time to find out what is going on, no good decisions will ever be made.

I have not changed my opposition to the political decisions and bad planning that got us into this situation. However, I am firmly convinced that our military personnel on the ground are making a difference every day.

No comments: