Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Hardest Thing I did this week....

There aren't any photos for this post. I am taking part of a posting challenge and the title is the challenge.
The hardest thing I have done this week was this morning. A young woman came in with a cute little boy. She and her husband were in default on their home loan. I did the basic counseling and discussed what would have to be done if they were to save their home. I then referred them to the national Help Hotline, who review the information and flatly told her, they could not afford the house and needed to sell. She was crying, I was miserable. Then we had to spend time discussing the process of selling and what to expect.
It always feels good when we save someones home, but nothing ever compensates for the misery of the people who can't stay in their home.

8 comments:

tigger said...

That's a tough one, Lynette...((hug))

JoEtta Zabel said...

I can relate Lynette. When the R/E economy went south in Alaska back in the 80's...I went from Loan Officer to ??? (don't remember my title) but I had to listen to people who could no longer afford their homes due to the inflated values, losing their jobs because of the Oil Companies, etc. I had people coming in, handing me the keys to their house on their way to drive down the Al-Can with tears in their eyes, telling me they had professional cleaners come in and clean the house, etc. It was horrible. I too had been caught in that mess and lost $30,000 on my house...Thank God for PMI or I (we) would have had to pay the mortgage company for something we didn't own any longer. Some people weren't as lucky as I was and I thank God that I was able to escape the foreclosure bit, but it was hard to go to work day after day knowing what I was going to face that day. That is way harder then being a bankcard collector...that's nothing...LOL Hang in there!

Just Me said...

:hug:

a chick named Toni... said...

that is rough! i bet it was hard not to tear up in front of them.

cherig said...

I can't imagine having to do that. You deserve lots of ((hugs))!

Jeanne said...

dealing with someone's home is awful.....taking it away. wow. how sad.

Tammy said...

ugh! that's hard to do. There are those strangers that can sometimes feel like family.

Parkie said...

oh wow. not fun.