Friday, April 17, 2009

Now for something completely different




This is an advertisement for cloth diapers. My daughter makes these and they are not the diapers I used when she was an infant. The new style diaper is all in one with the waterproof fabric as part of the garment. I am now a user and to my surprise I really like them. The diapers use an additional soaker pad for more absorbency and once I got the hang of everything there is almost no leakage. I rinse them in the washer before I wash them in hot water without bleach. You don't use fabric softener because it will reduce the absorbency of the material.
I saw somewhere today that disposable diapers have about 15 years before they decompose in a landfill. These diapers are good for the environment and there is a market for used ones on the Mommy websites. Nicole is making them not only for Andrea, but for sale. You get fancy patterns and colors as well as the basic white.


3 comments:

Jeff9 said...

The best way to clean cloth diapers is to pre-rinse them off in the toilet using a Hand Bathroom Bidet Sprayer. So convenient and if you are trying to help the environment (and your pocket book) you can give it a double whammy by virtually eliminating toilet paper use at the same time as you benefit from using it on the diapers, by using it on yourself. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off" Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com they come in an inexpensive kit and can be installed without a plumber. And after using one of these you won't know how you lasted all those years with wadded up handfuls of toilet paper. Now we're talking green and helping the environment without any pain.

JoEtta Zabel said...

I love these...didn't know Nicole was so talented...but what I am worried about is the comment where you say "I am now a user of these" LOL

a chick named Toni... said...

Good for Nicole! They are so cute!
I cracked up a Jo's comment "I am a user of these!"