Thursday, May 13, 2010

What a difference a year makes.


I look at the picture of me a year ago in the striped pants and go "AAACCCKKKK!" This picture is what inspired me to get serious about losing weight. To be honest, I had reached the conclusion that I was not going to be able to lose the weight I had been accumulating again at my age. But that picture is probably the most unflattering photo I have ever had taken of me. So realizing how bad I looked and that I had gained so much weight my feet hurt, I finally got motivated.
I used Weight Watchers on line for the diet. I eat real food, I just have portion control which is a big issue for me. For the first time I also seriously started exercising and have found that I really enjoy it. I have lost fifty pounds and work out and run five days a week. The exercise has made the weight loss easier than it has ever been in the past.
Now I face the real challenge, learning how to keep it off. I have been successful in the past, so I want to stay with Weight Watchers and be able to be happy with how I look into the future.

1 comment:

a chick named Toni... said...

Lynette I am so proud of you! You are an inpiration to me and I am sure to many others that all you have to do is set you mind to it and try. You look fabulous!