Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hacked

I had been pondering about what to post recently.  This was not what I had planned to do.  My email was hacked today.  Everyone on my contact list was sent an email claiming that I was in England, had been robbed and needed 1,500 pounds to get home.  Obviously not so, and so far the friends who have called me wondered when we had left, since many of them had seen me in the last day or so.  In addition to the email, it then deleted my contact list, so I can't email people to tell them this is bogus.  It then put a forward on my email, so all my mail was being sent to a bogus address. 

Luckily, ATT was able to help me clear up the problem.  I am lucky in that since I use web based email, nothing got on my computer itself.  You have to be grateful for small blessings.  I am in the midst of changing all my passwords, which is hard.  It is difficult to come up with as many different passwords as is needed, but I guess I will manage.

In the meantime, if you have my email address and would like to help me out, please send me a message and I will put my contact list back together.  If I don't know you though, don't bother.  You will be deleted.

No comments: