Friday, December 10, 2010

Bonnie Hatch

I went to Bonnie's funeral this morning.  It was a joyful occasion as well as sad.  Bonnie was 103 years old and is the mother of our friend, Ken Coryell.  She had been  living in Derby near Ken and Nora for eight years and attended church regularly at First Presbyterian.  It sound hokey but Bonnie radiated kindness, she had nice things to say even when little boys like Wyatt would be a nuisance.  She had been declining the last year and all of us would have loved for her last months to be more pleasant, but we live with the situations given us.
The thought I came away with today though was that, in spite of what we may think, all of our lives are interesting.  We do interesting things, we meet interesting people and life changes us and we change lives.  Everyone should think about this now and then.  No one should feel that they don't do anything interesting.  I would say that a lot of the people who live exciting lives, really just live lives filled with self generated drama.  I don't need that, so I will go back to being in the world and living the life God has planned for me.

No comments: