Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back to work

I use the blog as a journal, so I decided I needed to write a bit about my new part time job.  I am a traveling notary for PDQ Notary.  It is the best part of mortgage closing.  I meet with borrower and witness the signing of their loan documents.  I don't have any of the aggravations of being sure the documents are correct or if the underwriting conditions are met before hand.  I don't have to worry about balancing the accounts and recording documents.  So far I love it. 
The biggest thing to learn is the required detail in notarizing the documents.  When I was doing lending notarizing was just stamp and sign.  As a NOTARY there more attention to detail, but I think that I am getting that under control.
I really feel lucky to have gotten this job.  It will be just that little something to do and extra money to keep life interesting.

No comments: