Saturday, June 6, 2009

I thought things had gotten all settled down

I was wrong and we were back at ER. I was minding my own business watching television last night when Andrew called to Ray and asked him to come up stairs. I figured it was guy stuff and didn't think about it. But Ray was gone a lot longer than I expected. I went upstairs and they were all looking serious. Andrew had fallen on his left side getting out of bed and into his wheel chair. He isn't supposed to put any weight on his left leg and thought he might have.

We packed him up and drove up to the Wesley ER. I guess a young man in a wheel chair and healing wounds isn't all that scary to ER folks. It took us three hours to get in. Andrew was lucky and nothing had been moved. We packed up and went home about four AM. We spent six hours all told. Now I am trying to avoid hovering and Andrew is being more cautious in moving around. We also learned he cannot sit more than an hour and a half before his leg and foot start swelling and he starts to really hurt. I would like him to be up and around more, but now I realize that he does have limitations at this time.

2 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

Wow! I am glad that he didn't hurt himself more! He is looking better though. He has the color back in his face.

JoEtta Zabel said...

Good Grief...I hope he doesn't do that often...I'm sure it scared you and probably him alot.