Sunday, March 18, 2007

Another Day, another Birthday Party

If being 60 didn't sound so old, I wouldn't mind reaching this milestone. I had told Ray I didn't want anything done at church like he has in the past. Instead, he took that to mean that he could have a party for family here at the house. In my crotchety old woman mode, all I thought I wanted to do was go out to eat on Wednesday, but now that I have been exposed to all the festivities, I am ready to party some more.
Ray bought a beautiful, but expensive cake at Walmart. Cream filled with fresh strawberries. I cooked up the mix and we are having homemade vanilla custard ice cream too. Ray is cooking hamburgers for the first cook out of the year. All the way around pretty good.
I would like it best if Andrew was here, but that can't be. I have to hand it to my parents, they never said a word about missing us when Ray was on active duty for all those years and we were gone on birthdays and other events. Some things just come with age, and I guess I am finally learning that too.

5 comments:

Angie Feldman said...

Congrats to you, My Friend! You are, without a doubt, my favorite 60 year old.

Parkie said...

Did I miss your birthday??

Just Me said...

Sounds like another great day! I'm so looking forward to meeting you next month!

tigger said...

You are the youngest 60 year old I've EVER known... :hug:

Paula said...

I may not remember to say it tomorrow.... so I'll say it today!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!