Monday, March 19, 2007

Corner Photo Challenge



Here is my corner. It is in our family room and includes the fireplace which is one of the reasons we bought this house twenty seven years ago. A number of large trees have died over the years to keep that spot hot. The wall over the couch has some of my Frankoma pottery on there. there is a barbed wire cactus I bought years ago in Guymon, Oklahoma. The framed document is a deed dated September 5, 1916. My grandfather had made the Cherokee Strip Run years earlier, and this deed was for additional land to add to the original property. I spent a lot of great times on that farm when I was a child and I was tickled to be able to have this deed.

5 comments:

CK Photo said...

Great corner, what a wonderful memory of your grandfather

Missy said...

I love your corner.. it's so comfy and inviting. I was drawn to the cactus on the wall..I love the memory of your grandfather too.. how wonderful to have the deed.

Jeanne said...

Lynette I think that's a great corner! I was actually trying to decide btw my outside corner and my corner of the house with my fireplace and my christmas villages! lol love the deed on the wall...how cool is that!

tigger said...

I love your corner!! You have beautiful things, and beautiful memories!

Just Me said...

That is way cool...