Saturday, July 31, 2010

Old Friends and Blueberry French Toast

I met an old friend and her husband for breakfast.  I love the fact that I am able to see people I know even though I am halfway across the country from my home.  This is Yvonne Ames Everson and her husband Ken.  Yvonne and her family lived across the street from us when I was growing up.  I hadn't seen her in years even though my sister keeps in touch with her until she friended me on Face book.  I asked Yvonne how far she lived from Valdosta and we discovered they would be coming through town , so we had breakfast together at The Cracker Barrel.  It always seems that it should be strange to meet people  again after all this time, but it very rarely is.  We talked about our families and what we have done in our lives.  It is very satisfying to have these ties to my past.  By the way, the blueberry french toast at Cracker Barrel is delicious.

1 comment:

a chick named Toni... said...

Wonderful! Hey..how many points was that french toast?