Saturday, July 31, 2010

Amy Z and Me

I have had online friends for years.  Many of them since I first visited Scrapbook.com.  Amy Z is one of these friends. I think I actually got to know here when I was on Scraplove.  We are all women and one man who started out with scrapping in common and developed into friends.  One of the things we all have tried to do is meet each other in real life whenever possible.  That possibility came to be today when I drove down to Gainesville and had lunch with Amy.  It is still a mystery to some people who people who know each other only online can be friends without ever meeting in person, but when you talk to each other almost daily for five years or more, I would say you get to know each other very well.  As a matter of fact, we may know things about each other that real life people don't know.

We ate lunch at a very nice restaurant named The Swamp.  This is UF home country after all.  The food was great and we talked about a lot of stuff.  We then went around the campus which is enormous and I got to see the football field.  Football is big stuff in Gainesville, there are pro stadiums that aren't this nice.  All in all this was a great day and thanks to Amy for taking me around.

1 comment:

a chick named Toni... said...

this is so great! I am glad that you got to spend time with one of your online friends. She looks liek a fun girl!