Monday, January 31, 2011

The Greats

I try to have my Dad and Stepmother over a couple of times a month for Sunday Dinner.  We all enjoy it, and sharing a meal together encourages a lot more conversation that visits to Wellington. I took this picture of them and Wyatt yesterday.  Wyatt was named student of the week at school and he needed a poster telling about himself.
I am so pleased that my grandchildren have great grandparents to relate with.  I didn't have living great grand parents when I was a child, so I have no idea of what the dynamics are in the kids mind.  I know my Dad and Jaunita are viewed by Wyatt and Andrea a different.  They are actually treated with more respect, kid wise, than we are.  That tells me that they are special to the kids as well.
I am so luck that my Dad at 91 and Jaunita at 93 are still here and able to take active part in our lives.

No comments: