Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dad's Last Fathers Day Page

I have been doing some scrapping recently.  It is still strange not having pages to do for Scrapbook Garden and I will tell you now I am really looking forward to working at the new store.
This page uses MME and Basic Grey paper from a great kit I got from Miss Art's Paper School.  I have another page to do about my Dad, but I felt I needed to do the Father's Day page first.  The pictures are not that great.  I could do only so much with the green hue from the fluorescent lights but they are the last pictures I have of Dad.  He was so tired and so frail.  We all saw that, but still believed he was going to get better and be more like he was before he started his final slide.  I guess that is the definition of hope springing eternally. 
Photos like this are what make me glad that l take pictures, lots of them.  I didn't miss out on the party, but I was able to record the memories with my camera.  That allows me to record them in writing.  I don't always appreciate it, but that is a gift from God.

No comments: