Thursday, February 21, 2013

We went to the Zoo








The weather was really nice on February 13th, so Nicole came over and asked if I wanted to go to the zoo with her and Andrea.  I hadn't been for a while and agreed.  The day was so nice that I am glad I made the effort.  During the winter Wednesdays are $2.50 to get in.  Good deal, the regular cost for an old lady like me is almost $12.00.  What happened to the days when the zoo free or cheap entertainment for the kids?
We went with the plan of only being there a couple of hours and mostly visiting the petting farms.  We managed to see quite a bit more than that, so the animal viewing portion was a success as well.  In the outback area there were Wallabies around loose.  Nicole and Andrea were fascinated by them.  Nicole was the worst.  She really wanted to touch the one laying on the path, and wished she had the rest of the time we were in the zoo. 

The Sedgwick County Zoo is outstanding, should be visited often in spite of the cost.  I will say that if you go regularly the season pass is quite reasonable.


1 comment:

Penni said...

Lobely photos. It looks like you had a great time. We also visited a Zoo recently - I have some photos on my blog if you fancy a look.
http://lazycatscards.blogspot.co.uk

Hugs
Penni
X