Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Are we dry yet?

It has been two days without rain. The sun has actually shone, although it is questionable whether or not it will today. I am truly not a rainy weather person. The humidity makes me uncomfortable. I turned the temperature on the air conditioning down low enough to be uncomfortable just to reduce the humidity in the house. I know that we will have scorching days soon enough, then we will be wishing for rain. Kansas is just full of extremes.

Ray is off this week, he is doing some things with Andrew while he is home on leave. I had always hoped that the conditioning we did when he and Nicole were young would deter some behaviors we didn't want. No such luck. Our first failure was the anti tattoo campaign, Andrew has two that we know of. At least he knew we would not approve and tried to keep us in the dark for as long as possible. My second failure was this week when Andrew bought a motorcycle. He is using all the reasons, gas economy, etc. I still am worried about his safety on a motorcycle. He laughs at me. What do I know, he is young and bullet proof. All I can do is pray for safety.

I am now trying to decide what to brainwash Wyatt about. Maybe I need to start the anti motorcycle campaign now.

4 comments:

Cyn Pip Pics said...

Pretty sick of the rain here, too! More on the way.

I never tried the brainwash--I tried reverse psychology. I've been asking Tony since he was in third grade if he wanted to dye his hair green. Then I started asking about ear piercings. He is mortified at the thought of either. If mom thinks it is cool--it most definitely cannot be cool. I've also been trying to get him to try driving my car in empty parking lots. Mr. "Can't break the rules" starts freaking out about the legality of him driving at 12, 13, 14 years old. It will be interesting when nears age 16. ;)

Just Me said...

Oh....I feel your pain Lynette!!!!

And another thing...You've been tagged...see my blog for details.

Everlasting Monday said...

I tagged you too. I didn't realize you had been tagged already!!!

Cyn Pip Pics said...

Dang! I am tagging you too!!