Sunday, July 15, 2007

Where I want to be in twentyeight years.


This is my Dad. I took this picture of him last week on his 88th birthday. We have all changed a lot since I was born 60 years ago. He used to be three inches taller than me, now he is shorter than I am. He still sees all right, but his hearing is bad and arthritis has limited the use of his hands. But he still lives an active and healthy life with my step mother. This is what I want for Ray and me. I don't expect everything to be perfect, but I appreciate my Dad's ability to live independently and have fun in his later years. I make a point to scrap every birthday party we have for him. However, we are all planning for a big blow out for his 90th birthday. It will be here before we know it.

3 comments:

leealice said...

It always hurts when you see your heros grow fragile. But remember they are becoming closer to God.
Thanks for leaving me a comment!

Angie Feldman said...

How great that you still have your Dad close by!

Just Me said...

That is just awesome Lynette!