Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Ragin Cajun......

What can I say about Missy? We haven't met in real life, but I know her. like we all know each other on Scrapdawgs. Different things draw you to the people. What draws you to Missy is her wicked sense of humor and her great writing. The stories she has told us of her life are vibrant, engrossing and wildly funny. Mention Grinding Nemo and BTFH and every one smiles and maybe even chuckles. Not many people have the skill, of being able to make stories real, but Missy does. Her imagination has given us images and phrases none of us would every thought of as well. Hairbrushes smacking hairy a$$es would never have entered my lexicon without Missy in my world. Missy the roving reporter brings another dose of fun into our lives as well. Her humor drew me on Scrapbook.com, I was so happy when she came to Scraplove. Her leaving SB.com was typically Missy and unforgettable. Getting banned is outstanding. Coming to Scrapdawgs was a normal progression for all of us and it wouldn't be the same without her.

Missy is a teacher, and I believe a good one. I know she is dedicated to her students. Since her school district has been overloaded with Katrina evacuees, she had worked hard to help these students adjust to the vast changes in their lives. Teaching is a hard job and she keeps on serving her students year after year.

Photography is one of the interests we all share; we are scrappers after all. Missy is good and getting better with every photo she posts. I envy her sports photos of her nieces . Because of her persistence, I believe she will be a great photographer in time.

Last of all, and I am sure most importantly, Missy loves her husband Steve and her son Wyatt. When I imagine their home, I see it filled with love and laughter and lots of emotion. The creativity has to spill out in conversation and maybe a little yelling and hairbrush brandishing. From the stories Missy tells about Wyatt, he is her child. Funny and sure of his place in the world.

If I would win the lottery, one of the things I would want to do is meet all the Dawgs. Trust me, Missy is at the top of my list. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Missy said...

You say such sweet things about me. Thank you. Hugs!! I want to meet you too... if I ever get back to Kansas.

Just Me said...

:cry: That was just beautiful...:cry: You nailed our Missy to a T.

tigger said...

Ok - this was my favorite yet!! Great job Lynette - loved reading that!

CK Photo said...

that's our Missy

Jessica said...

Awesome comments, Lynette!!!

Everlasting Monday said...

Thats awesome!!

Jeanne said...

wait!! she was banned??? I missed that!!!

amyz said...

Great job Lynette!

(and go to imagechef for the header!)

Angie Feldman said...

Well said, Lynette!