Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In the beginning...

The ceiling and part of the wall have sheet rock hung
Getting started

My friends all know that I have been talking about redoing my craft room for a couple of years. My son in law Nick had said he would do the work if we bought the supplies. But I have procrastinated and not done anything. Three weeks ago, Nick told us he and some friends would do the work starting last weekend. So we finally got moving. I had more stuff in that room than I realized. Our guest room is stuffed to the doorway. I know that there is a lot of stuff that isn't going back in there when the room is done.

I am going to have a counter with two work spaces along the right wall in the top photo, then I will put my sewing machine with a wardrobe storage along the wall behind where I was standing. Nick and Jaimie have told me I will have a room that will make people go "WOW!" I believe them. I have made sketches, chosen counter top and paint. I may have to move down there when it is done.

I will post more pictures as the work goes on.

3 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

WAHOOO! THIS IS VERY EXCITING NEWS! I think when you are done we should have a crop and break it in. I will bring some treats! I can't wait to see what you do!

Lynette said...

That was my plan. I am really excited about having this done.

Cyn Pip Pics said...

Congrats, girlfriend!!! What an exciting space! Can't wait to see the finished product.