Sunday, January 3, 2010

Goals for 2010

I have never been a person for resolutions. However, this year, I do have some goals I want to achieve. I had thought that goal setting was behind me once I quit working, but I am finding it easier when the goals are important to me and not part of a corporate planning requirement. If you think that is an anti-work comment it is.

I have been working at losing weight since August of last year. I have about 15 pounds to go and doing that is my first goal. The holidays have been a challenge, but for the most part I have been able to work my way through that.

Next, I want to be able to do curl ups for Pilates without my feet coming off the floor. I have made real headway since I started Pilates in October, I couldn't even do a curl up. These are sit ups if you are wondering. A minor thought in the back of my mind is "tighten your core". I also want to be able to run a whole mile without walking. I figure a good curl up will not happen until March. Who knows when I will be able to do a whole mile. I will shoot for June and maybe I will be lucky and make it sooner.

The surprise to me is that I am exercising, I never did when I was younger. I am inherently lazy, but for the last four years I have been progressing through fitness levels where now I am able to set goals like this. I have amazed myself.

Another goal is to finish some of my scrapbook pages from the past and try to stay more current on the new pages.

Either way, once I meet these goals, I will be more than able to set new ones, I will enjoy reaching. Happy New Year to all of my friends and family.

2 comments:

a chick named Toni... said...

good for you!

JoEtta Zabel said...

Those are great goals LB and you are looking great. I so want to exercise and lose weight but can't seem to find the time or maybe it's the motivation. It's so hard to do something that resembles "work" like a workout after you've mentally worked all day...I just know I can't afford to wait until I retire or I'll be a blob.
Good luck on completing the goals...I'm sure you will.