Monday, January 18, 2010

Ray's Mom

My mother in law Pauline is in the hospital right now with pneumonia. The pneumonia is just part of her ongoing decline. She is suffering from vascular dementia which has left her very confused a lot of the time. Luckily, she still can remember who we are. The nursing home got authorization from Ray and his sister to call in hospice, so they feel that she is slipping away from this world. I wanted to take this picture because of this sense of time slipping away. Pauline was always careful with her appearance and I know that in previous times I wouldn't have been able to take this photo. Knowing your parent is dying is always very hard, having them fade away while their body is still alive is the hardest.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

:hug:

I love the fact you captured this picture Lynette.

I'll be thinking of you all.