Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Picking Berries


Theresa and I went out and picked strawberries and blueberries on Saturday.  We picked two gallons of strawberries.  They were sooooo good.  I ate a lot of them, we made a fruit tart and strawberry limeade out of the one gallon and Theresa took the second gallon home to her parents.  I could not think of a successful way to get some home or there would have been strawberries and blueberries in my carry on.
We  picked some blueberries as well.  Picking blueberries is hard work.  It was hot  and we had already been out in the sun for a while, so we didn't get that many of them.  I am sort of sorry Andrew is leaving Valdosta, I am starting to get familiar with more of the local food places.  That really means I should work harder on finding our local farmers.

No comments: