Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day Trip to Oklahoma and other stuff







I went down to Amorita today to the Annual High School Reunion.  My Dad is still in the Skilled Care Center at the hospital, so I was the only Gerdes there.   I did bring Nick, Nicole and the kids along with me.  Nick had never been down to  my part of Oklahoma, so it was my chance to show him where I spent part of my childhood.
 We had a good time.  I drove out to where my grandmothers farm had been.  The road up to where the house was is fenced off.  That was sort of sad.  I thought about walking up, but that would have been outright trespassing.  After that we went to Christenson's where we lived before we moved to Wichita.  No one has lived in the house since we moved up here in 1957, so it is really deteriorating, but has the appeal of any ruin.  We walked around the house and I told Nick stories.  He was very gracious and listened to me.  I like to think that it is interesting in a historic sense.
Afterwards we came on home.  The kids fell asleep and we decided it was a good day.
Wyatt has learned how to climb trees and goes up the red bud by the pool.  Andrea thinks she should be climbing too.  Knowing her, it won't be too long.

No comments: